Year 1 complete!
Ready for the pool. Brobee backpack and Tigger fanny pack and all!
Summer is here!
At the end of May Adriana completed her first year of preschool. It was the first of her 3 years she will be in preschool so not truly a milestone, but it was a big deal for her. She was a little weary of school for a while but the 2nd half of the year she loved it and loved her classmates. So the end of the school year was actually not that happy of an occasion. She was not happy to learn that she didn't get to see her friends a couple times a week like she had been. I guess I need to get to setting up those play dates.
We are 2 weeks into summer and I can report that she seems to have no issue with missing school. She started a summer fun class at the Rec Center with her friend Emma from school. Yesterday was her first day and I was a bit nervous. They take the kids swimming and well, Adriana isn't exactly a swimmer. She loves the water and pool, but is not a fan of water splashing her face and hasn't figured out the essential breathing under water. So it makes me nervous. And made me realize she really needs swim lessons. I should have put her in them this spring for the summer. Oops!
But when we got to the class the teachers assured me they are in the pool with the kids and they don't let them go past a certain point. Also, her teachers are the same teachers that she had for a summer program last year at the Rec Center and they remembered her, so that made both her and I feel better. Plus, her teacher from preschool daughter's are in the same class so she was excited to get to see her again.
So here comes summer. I think that our days will be spent lounging at the pool, with some other activities thrown in for good measure. I have no complaints!
No comments:
Post a Comment