Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thanksgiving, Christmas, Birthday, New Babies are born

So it has been quite a last few months. Not only have we had the normal craziness that evolves around this time, but this year seemed far more crazy. Oddly Rob and I gave up on trying to be normal and actually going out and going to Christmas parties. Too much effort to find time, a babysitter and a dress. Yes, we got lazy this year.

It started in November when our annual Pre Thanksgiving dinner with friends turned into a dinner for 20. We had an absolute blast with some great friends and their kiddos. We loved every minute of it. After that we hosted Thanksgiving (which we never do) for my mom and grandparents. It was nice and low key. But after making 2 Thanksgiving day feasts in the span of 6 days, we were already over the holidays.

So then comes Christmas. Which is such a great time of year. We have so much fun with Adriana and she really truly loved the whole Santa thing and Elf on the Shelf. Furley, the elf, was her favorite part of the day. She would wake up and look for him to see where he was and what he put in her Christmas counter downer. I am not sure he kept her from not being naughty....but we are working on it. She is really at an age where it is all so fun. The traditions are being set. In addition to Furley, we did our annual Zoo Lights trip which is a favorite of Ade's and mine. We went ice skating with her for the first time (which I use the term Ice loosely but that will be another post) and spent a lot of time with family and friends. Xmas Eve we had family over and made cookies for Santa.

Adriana had her first Christmas program at school, a Birthday Party for Jesus. She decided not to sing any of the songs (despite the fact she has been singing them to me for the past month. It wasn't for a lack of knowing all the words), but she did the motions and was very proud of herself afterwards. I am not going to lie, I teared up and was so emotional. I loved every minute of it and can't wait for all the things that come with her going to school and growing up (just don't let it happen too quickly)

And after all this, Adriana turned 3 on the 29th. I feel she has been 3, or 12, for quite a while so while it was bittersweet for her to get older, it seemed like it was time. We had a big party for her at Monkey Bizness and she loved every minute of it. I am pretty sure from the minute she woke up on her 3rd birthday, she has been talking non stop about being 4. No time to enjoy, we are moving on. Again, way too quickly for me.

We did lots of fun things and I will post pics soon. We also welcomed additions to both sides of the family. Rob's brother and his wife welcomed Michael Alexander on December 5th and my brother Chad and his wife Tara welcomed Lena Marie on December 21st. Nothing makes the holidays better than babies. And nothing makes me happier than shopping for them. :)

So we got through the holidays virtually unscathed and had a really happy time. I will get better and get pictures posted soon. Happy New Year to everyone! May 2011 bring much peace, love and happiness to you all.

No comments: