Sunday, January 9, 2011

Skating....Winter Wonterland Lights

Adriana and Monica


This Christmas we took Adriana ice skating for the first time. There are a couple of synthetic ice rinks around Highlands Ranch and I was told they are easier for first timers and little kids. Since Rob nor I have never ice skated, we thought that would be safer for us. We also brought along Monica, one of our wonderful friends (not to mention one of Adriana's favorite people) with us.

Well, we got to the rink and it was definitely fake. It was a bunch of weird plastic boards stuck together. I guess I should have maybe done some more research. Monica and I scrambled to find another place but Rob decided it was too late to run around and that we were skate there.

We made the best of it. When I say we ice skated, I use that term very loosely. We were not on ice and it was hard to actually skate. But Adriana had an absolute blast! She loved it. Had someone holding her up the entire time (mostly Monica, all she wanted was Monica) and fell a few times but she loved it.

After we were done "skating", we took ourselves to the Winter Wonderland at the Wildlife Experience. We had never been, and since we loved Zoo Lights so much, we thought it would be great!

Great is not a word I would use. There was a trail of lights to follow, which were good. And Santa's village made of little sheds with Elves inside working. All Adriana wanted to do was go in the sheds but since they had a plastic clear door on all of them, she couldn't. They had live reindeer, which were in a pen that was about 10 x 10. It was a little sad to watch.

Adriana had a great time but we decided maybe to stick to Zoo Lights. Lessons learned.

No comments: