Monday, September 15, 2008

Trip to Louisville






So this past week Adriana and I set out to Louisville, KY to visit Rachael and Nathan.  We had a really great time.  It was nice to get to hang out with Rachael and I haven't seen Nathan since he was 3 months old...and he is now 2.  (I am a horrible friend)  Nathan is such a sweet boy and he was so nice to Adriana the entire time we were there.  He shared his toys and was great at letting me know if she was doing okay or asleep when we were in the car.  Each morning he would come looking for "baby ona".   We had a lot of fun and it made me wish even more so that Rachael and I lived in the same place.  We just have to get one of our husbands to agree to move. :)  (For those of you who may not know, Rachael and I have grown up together and been the best of friends since 5th grade.  We even have pictures of us in preschool playing together.  We were definitely meant to be lifelong best friends.  We haven't lived in the same place for a lot of that time but have always found ways to visit each other and talk in some way daily)

It was my first trip on a plane with just Adriana and I.  No Rob to help or hold her when I got nervous on the flight.  I have to say Adriana did beautifully.  She was happy and only threw a minor fit during our 9 hour travel days and 2 flights a day to get there and home.  I got more comments on what a happy and active baby she was.   She and I met a lot of great and helpful people during our trip.  

Adriana tried a lot of new things when we were there.  Lots of new food (it is a benefit of having a friend with a 2 year old to tell you what they tried and worked well, it was great!  We discovered a lot of things I was nervous to give her but finally did with Rachael's encouragement)   Adriana also tried a swing for the first time.  She loved it.   The above pictures of are of her swinging and then we had a pool party in Rachael's backyard (diapers required, clothes optional).  

All and all it was a great trip.  Many thanks to Rachael and Nathan for letting us crash their house for a week.  

No comments: