Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween

DJ Lance and Foofa
Rob and I before our party. I was....DJ Lance's girlfriend I guess. :)
Playing the Pumpkin game at the Halloween party
Did a great job putting on the pumpkin face with a blindfold
She was not a fan of carving pumpkins. This is about as far as she got. Said it was gross

Halloween is always a group event at the Etchepare house. Rob loves to dress up with Adriana and this year might be the best one yet. For those that don't live in the land of trippy kid shows like we do, they are from the TV Show Yo Gabba Gabba. Adriana was Foofa and Rob was DJ Lance Rock.

Adriana has been really excited for Halloween this year. It is one of Rob and I's favorite holidays so it natural for her to love it. We go all out. We have been watching Halloween specials for weeks of all our favorite shows and practicing our trick or treating, all in preparation of this one night.

One show Adriana fell in love with was "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." This was a favorite of mine when I was a kid. We watched it several times this year. Our neighbors even had a Snoopy/pumpkin blow up in their yard. Just added to the excitement. The only downside to this show is this....Adriana was really convinced and sad yesterday that she was going to get rocks in her treat bag. It took a lot of convincing but I am not sure she is truly believed this wouldn't happen until we went trick or treating and she saw for herself...

And let me say, that one night did not disappoint! We started the evening off at a big neighborhood party at our neighbors. Ade has a blast playing with all the little kids. Then we came home and got Daddy all dressed and we headed out as a family to get some candy. She had a blast. She had lots of enthusiam when she knocked on the door and yelled "trick or treat" at the neighbors. She was also very gracious and said thank you about 5 times at each house. Then she would run down the street and yell at Rob (who was at the bottom of the sidewalk with Clyde) "Daddy Daddy I got a piece of candy". Success!

When we got home I think Adriana had just as much fun passing out candy to all the kids that came to our door.

We had a blast this year and loved every minute of Halloween! I know that each year it is just going to get better and better.

Today we are already suffering from Halloween is over letdown. She is sad that she doesn't get to go get candy every night and that all the pumpkins and decorations in the neighborhood will be going away. Thank goodness Christmas is just around the corner.

No comments: