Saturday, September 5, 2009

New house, new adventure




So this past week we moved into our new house.    We are all very excited and happy to be moved and somewhat settled.  I will post pictures of the house soon. 

Last week, Adriana's Aunt Corrina came and took her to Cheyenne so Rob and I could concentrate on the move.  She picked her up Wednesday and brought her back Sunday night.  She was gone from us for 5 whole days and 4 nights....this is the longest period of time Adriana has been away from both of us as well as the longest time I have gone without her in the past 20 months.  I was quite worried on how she would react.  She has been pretty mommy attached these days and uneasiness in our house from packing and moving didn't help.   Corrina was very excited to have her as were her cousins, Katherine, Jack and Sofia.   

Adriana did great (or so they tell me).  I think she had some moments but her cousins were so great at distracting her, that they passed quickly.  She had so much fun with the other kids and Aunt "ena" that I am not sure she noticed we weren't around.  It was a great thing for her to do and so great for us as we had a chance to get everything unpacked and together before she came home.  I think that it may have been a lot harder on mommy than her. 

She was really excited when she got home to see her new house and playroom.  In fact, this past week, during the day, she has loved her new home.  But nighttime has been a different story.  There were a lot of screams and tears and nos about sleeping in her new room.  Mommy had to stay with her one night because it was just too much for her.  But luckily after a couple nights, she acclimated and has been happy to be here every since.   We all are settling in nicely, even Clyde.  

Above are some pics of her and her cousins. 

No comments: